My Kindle Book is Published: Baby Sign Language
Writers always advise, “Write what you know.” Well, after raising a baby for several years, I know a few things about talking with toddlers, both verbally and with baby sign language. And I’m happy to announce my new Kindle book: Sign Language for Babies and Toddlers. It includes 20 clear photos of American sign language (ASL) signs to use with your baby and pre-verbal toddler. The photos almost fill the Kindle screen, so they will be extremely clear.
Why Sign With Your Toddler or Baby:
- It decreases frustration & screaming. (Terrible Twos, anyone?)
- Your child will bring up topics of conversation (like Daddy at work!).
- You’ll see how your child is learning: from grouping things, to separating things out from the group.
- It’s fun to talk about things you see after so many months (12-20) of one-way communication.
- Increases communication connections in the brain, which leads to better speech communication skills.
- It will help you care for other kids, and know what they want and need.
Sign Language for Babies and Toddlers is for sale on Amazon now for the Kindle ebook reader.
– Or read it on the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch using this Amazon Kindle iPhone/iPad application free on iTunes.
This short work will help you get started learning sign language quickly. You don’t need to be convinced – you already know you want to learn it.
Photos will appear black and white on the Kindle, and color on the iPhone/iPod Touch.
As of December, 2011, I just completed my Amazon.com author profile. In January 2012, I uploaded the same book to Barnes & Noble for the Nook. I also designed a cover for the e-book. The cover has to be readable at very small sizes, especially for the Nook book jacket image.
Wish me luck!